Orange County Estate Planning Attorneys
One of the most important things you can do for your family prior to your death is to have an effective estate plan in place. In fact, individuals of all ages and incomes should have an estate plan containing, at a minimum, a Last Will and Testament and advance health care directives.
Estate planning does not have to be a dreaded thing. At the law firm of Holstrom, Sissung, Marks & Anderson, APLC, we help clients determine an estate plan based on their individual needs and goals for the future. To learn more about your estate planning options, contact an Orange County estate planning lawyer today.
The Components of an Effective Estate Plan
Based on your individual estate planning needs and goals, the following documents may be appropriate:
- Will — The most basic component of an estate plan, a will states an individual’s preferences to be carried out upon his or her death, including property distribution, naming of beneficiaries, designating guardians for minor children, and more.
- Trusts — When property is placed in a trust, it bypasses the process of probate. We can help you explore various trusts, including revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, special needs trusts, living trusts, and others.
- Advance health care directives — Also known as a living will, an advance health care directive states an individual’s preferences regarding health and medical care if one day he or she becomes incapacitated.
- Power of attorney — When a power of attorney is established, one individual assumes the authority to manage the financial and legal affairs of another individual.
- Guardianships — A guardianship is established to name a caregiver for a minor child in the event that parents die or become incapacitated themselves.
- Conservatorships — A conservatorship is established to name a caregiver for an incapacitated adult. A conservatorship may be responsible to manage the medical, financial, and legal affairs of another individual.
Anaheim Estate Planning Attorney
To learn more about our estate planning legal services, contact an Anaheim estate planning attorney us online today. We represent clients throughout Orange County and all of Southern California, and offer a free initial phone consultation with no obligation. You can reach us by phone at (866) 930-1949 or via e-mail.
Visit our main website for more information about our probate and estate planning services.
Se Habla Español • Free Telephone Consultations • Major Credit Cards Accepted